ndd Medizintechnik AG is a leading company and innovator in pulmonary function testing devices. For more than 25 years, ndd has created solutions that improve early detection of chronic lung diseases, including COPD and asthma. Today, ndd offers unique spirometry and pulmonary function testing devices that are available around the globe.
For our System Engineering Team at our headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland, we are looking for a hands-on and design-loving
About the Position
Your key role is to strengthen our R&D team by designing new and developing existing products, coordinating projects with other R&D members, and releasing the devices for production. We are looking for an experimenter who can think outside the box, an inventor who also designs and draws. If this combination is what you are looking for, you will find a job with challenging projects and great development potential here. You’ll be part of a competent and dedicated team that performs in a global environment. Do you want to help us to make lung function testing accessible to everyone everywhere and to improve the lives of millions of people with lung diseases? Then you have come to the right place!
We offer an attractive location, fair pay, good social benefits, flexible working hours, hybrid work, and the best conditions in which to do excellent work. This includes comprehensive onboarding, professional and modern technology, and a collegial and supportive working environment. We promote equal opportunities, diversity, and inclusion – come as you are!
If this profile describes you and you would like to work at a fast-growing company in a global environment, then we should meet. Apply directly and exclusively via our e-recruiting tool. The more we learn about you, the better. We look forward to receiving your complete application and reference letters. Your data will be treated confidentially and discreetly.
- Mechanical design and construction incl. creation for CAD drawings
- Project coordination, close interdisciplinary collaboration
- Implementation and testing of functional prototypes
- Creation and release of development, product, and production documentation
- Backup for 3rd level support, i.e., root cause analysis, investigations
- Evaluation of production methods for mechanical components
- Solution-finding for mechanical discontinuations and product maintenance
- Improvement of mechanical design of existing products
- Optimization of existing production processes/procedures
- Technical documentation and creation of instruction manuals
- Mechanical engineer degree (BSc/MSc), with 5 years of relevant experience in a technical field
- Experience in the development of medical products
- Knowledge of plastic and other materials
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes to realize technical, commercial, and cosmetic properties of components
- Experience with system and product development
- Excellent logical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Independent and responsible working manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication
- Professional fluency in German and English is a must; any other languages are a plus.