What is complete pulmonary function testing?
Complete pulmonary function tests are a group of tests which include spirometry, diffusion capacity (DLCO) and lung volumes that are used in detecting, characterizing and quantifying the severity of lung disease.
In addition to the benefits of spirometry, DLCO and lung volumes help to gain more detailed information about how the lungs are performing. A DLCO test assesses the ability of the lungs to transfer oxygen to the blood. Lung volumes refers to the volume of air in the lungs at different phases of the respiratory cycle. A combination of spirometry, DLCO and lung volumes can help identify lung disease, measure the effects of medication on the lungs, and provide a better assessment of lung disease severity.
Why expand on spirometry with DLCO and lung volumes?
- DLCO is the most powerful predictor of survival in patients with COPD.Ref.
- DLCO is used as an indicator of lung disease severity.Ref.
- DLCO can show a comorbidity of COPD in heart failure in patients.Ref.
- Assess the hospitalization risk in a COPD patient.Ref.
- DLCO is helpful in detecting drug-induced lung disease.Ref.
- DLCO is useful as an early indicator for detecting interstitial lung disease before lung volumes become decreased.Ref.
- Monitor disease progression in CF patients with Lung Clearance Index (LCI).Ref.
NDD complete pulmonary function testing products
The EasyOne Pro & Pro LAB portable PFT devices were designed with portability, simplicity and accuracy in mind. Weighing only 18 lbs, the EasyOne Pro & Pro LAB, are compact and durable without compromising quality. Our state-of-the-art TrueFlow and TrueCheck technologies, built into all of our PFT equipment, eliminate all common sources of error providing unprecedented accuracy and reliable results, every time.
With portable PFT testing, you can improve efficiency and quality of care by providing complete lung function testing at the point of care such as in a physician office, clinic or at the bedside with confidence.
To learn more about our complete pulmonary function machines click below: